Turner’s Cross Parish Pilgrimage of Mercy in the City
We are holding our parish Pilgrimage of Mercy on Friday evening 20th May. Those who wish may leave their cars in the South Parish Church car park from where we will leave at 6.00 pm to walk to St Francis, others may join us at St Francis, Liberty St. at 6.30 pm for the start of the pilgrimage. We will follow the Diocesan programme, walking to the five Pilgrimage Stations representing Spiritual and Corporal Works of Mercy. These are:
1. The Jubilee of Mercy Holy Door at St Francis Church,
2. The Cork Penny Dinners, Little Hanover Street,
3. The Shrine of the Holy Souls in Ss Peter and Paul Church,
4. The Trocaire Office in Cook Street
5. St Finbarr’s South Parish Church, Dunbar Street (including the shrines to Venerable Nano Nagle and Mary Aikenhead).
The pilgrimage provides an opportunity of responding to Pope Francis’ invitation to us all to participate in the Jubilee of Mercy and of availing of the plenary indulgence associated with the Holy Door, extended by the Pope to every diocese in the world. We will conclude with Confessions and Benediction of the Blessed Sacrament in the South Parish Church, finishing around 9.00 pm.