“The Joy of Love” – Apostolic Exhortation of Pope Francis on Love In The Family was published, Friday 8 April 2016. It is available at Veritas
“The Joy of Love” runs to 261 pages and is divided into nine chapters as follows:
• Chapter One – In The Light The Word
• Chapter 2 – The Experiences And Challenges Of Families
• Chapter 3 – Looking To Jesus: The Vocation Of The Family
• Chapter 4 – Love In Marriage
• Chapter 5 – Love Made Fruitful
• Chapter 6 – Some Pastoral Perspectives
• Chapter 7 – Towards A Better Education Of Children
• Chapter 8 – Accompanying, Discerning And Integrating Weakness Chapter 9 – The Spirituality Of Marriage And The Family
Pope Francis’ Prayer to the Holy Family (which he shares at the end of The Joy of Love)
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, in you we contemplate the splendour of true love; to you we turn with trust.
Holy Family of Nazareth, grant that our families too may be places of communion and prayer, authentic schools of the Gospel and small domestic churches.
Holy Family of Nazareth, may families never again experience violence, rejection and division; may all who have been hurt or scandalized find ready comfort and healing.
Holy Family of Nazareth, make us once more mindful of the sacredness and inviolability of the family, and its beauty in God’s plan.
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, graciously hear our prayer.